The MSc in Financial Technology is intended to equip students with in-depth knowledge of the theory and application of Finance and Financial Technology, a discipline that involves the application of the scientific theory and principles of Finance, Investments, Data Analysis, Blockchain, Statistics and Programming Skills to help in the understanding of the new financial landscape, which is not stable, but continuously evolves according to the accelerated pace of technology.
This course combines the most cutting-edge technological developments with financial and business strategies. It contains not only business, entrepreneurship, and regulations, but also technical and financial information as well.
- Specialised postgraduate degree from the University of Essex, the leading British University in Greece.
- Essex is ranked 56th in the Times Higher Education Awards 2023 global rankings.
- Cutting edge knowledge.
- Combining theory with recent research and best practice.
- Responds to the growing market need for employees skilled in cutting-edge technologies.
- Curriculum designed to meet the needs of various branches of finance and banking.
- Personal Development Tutor able to guide you within your programme and support you in actualizing your career aspirations.
- Open days and career development events.
- Ability to continue to work whilst attaining your degree.
- The programme is offered in Athens and Thessaloniki.
The programme is made up of 7 core, 20 credit modules the majority of which run on a module base, with the exception of, the Dissertation which is a 40-credit module.
FinTech (financial technology) is a catch-all term referring to software, mobile applications, and other technologies created to improve and automate traditional forms of finance for businesses and consumers alike. FinTech can include everything from straightforward mobile payment apps to complex blockchain networks housing encrypted transactions.
Business students will have access to the computing laboratories at all the College sites. For Athens, the Panepistimiou 17 building (3rd and 7th floor).
More precisely, the computing laboratories are fully equipped with computers, appropriate software, and projector, and allow for access to AOC VLE (Aegean College Online) resources.
Specialised professionals will visit the College to support students using the labs and appropriate software (Python, R, SQL, etc.). Moreover, those professionals will share their expertise in the fields of finance, investments and financial technology.
BioSensors SmartLab was added in the resources available to students and academics of Aegean College late in 2021 in collaboration with iMotions. Its main aim is to facilitate research in different areas such as Psychology, Education, Artificial Intelligence, Health Sciences, Business Management & Neuromarketing, Neuroscience and more. It will continue to add in the community and academia as an innovative and contemporary research lab by promoting contemporary scientific expertise.
- Eye tracking: Equipment & Software (Eye Movement Recording Technology)
- GSR – Galvanic Skin Response: Equipment & Software (technology that elicits changes in the electrical resistance of the skin surface by channeling weak electric current)
- Facial Expression Analysis: Equipment & Software (facial coding technology, making human emotions measurement possible, through facial expressions)
- EEG (Electroencelography): Equipment & Software (Electroencephalogram technology for academic use which measures brain activity by recording the pattern of brain waves)
- EMG & ECG: (Equipment & Software)
The MSc in Financial Technology is designed to open up career opportunities in various sectors such as:
- FinTech Startups.
- Risk Management.
- Research and Development.