Aegean College offers a specialisation postgraduate degree in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy in collaboration with the University of Essex leading to an MSc in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy.
The MSc in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy is a postgraduate course in an emerging field aimed to physiotherapy graduates and professionals as well as orthopedics and chiropractors.
The programme focuses on practical and assessment skills and addresses the requirements of advanced physiotherapy practice: research, education, clinical placement and leadership.
This course meets the needs of professionals who wish to apply customised, holistic and evidence-based therapies to musculosceletal conditions.
Also, postgraduate students develop communication skills and learn how to work with professionals from other scientific backgrounds.
Study and assessments are designed in accordance to international standards.
- The programme is offered in collaboration with the University of Essex, ‘University of the Year‘ at the Times Higher Education Awards 2018.
- Essex is among the top 25 institutions in the UK for the quality of research.
- Essex is ranked 56th in the Times Higher Education Awards 2023 global rankings.
- The only postgraduate course in Greece specialising in the musculoskeletal system.
- Programme tailored to the greek health system needs.
- Flexible programme aimed to professionals.
- Top level academic staff, PhD holders and experienced professionals.
- Focus on the evidence-based practice.
- State-of-the-art laboratories.
The programme is structured in 3 Phases and consists of 7 20-credit courses as well as a postgraduate dissertation.
There are physiotherapy laboratories in all campuses equipped with appropriate physiotherapy equipment and related research devices.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of the equipment available to students:
- Electrotherapy devices: Diathermy, U/S, Infrared, electrotherapy, TENS, Paraffin bath, Magnetotherapy,
- Laser Hot and Cold packs,
- Sphygmomanometer, stethoscope, Oximeter, spirometer, inhaler, flutters, triflows, nebulizer, suction equipment,
- Goniometers, mobilization belts , therabands, wobble boards, walking aids,
- Babinski –, Taylor -, patella -, Buck Hammer, Pinwheel,
- Horizontal bars, shoulder wheel, pulleys, braces,
- Weights, Swiss balls, mats,
- Exercise bike, Treadmill,
- Algometer – Dynamometer, Hand Dynamometer, Squeeze Dynamometer, Virtual Reality Headset,
- Skeleton and bone models,
- Up and down plinths, 1 up and down Bobath plinth, 7 examination plinths (static),
- Towels, pillows, hand washing facilities.
Students will also have access to the computing laboratories at the College for the Modules of Research Methods and Biostatistics.
Moreover, BioSensors SmartLab was added in the resources available to students and academics of Aegean College late in 2021 in collaboration with iMotions.
Graduates can pursue careers as specialised physiotherapists in rehabilitation centers, clinics, hospitals, sports clubs or develop an individual practice.