Aegean College Allied Health offers a bachelors’ degree in Occupational Therapy in collaboration with the University of Essex.
Graduates are awarded a BSc (Hons) in Occupational Therapy (Applied).
The OT Department is a member of the European Network of Occupational Therapy in Higher Education (ENOTHE) and the programme has been approved unconditionally by the World Federation of Occupational Therapists (WFOT).
Studying occupational therapy with Aegean College means in depth understanding of all applied occupational techniques and bridging the gap between theory and practice. Our OT academic staff includes experienced professionals with rich academic and research work, as well as field work.
Graduates are supposed to possess sufficient knowledge and skills to pursue a career as professional occupational therapists.
They can undertake the rehabilitation of patients suffering from mental, physical developmental or emotional disorders by applying appropriate treatments.
An OT professional helps patients overcome a series of everyday life difficulties from domestic life to work, sport and leisure.
Among other things, an occupational therapist works with elderly people, with people suffering from dementia and patients under rehabilitation after strokes or surgeries. They also work with children with special needs.
Aegean College OT students are acquire practical and theoretical knowledge, as well communication skills, necessary for a successful career.
- The college features three OT labs.
- The department of occupational therapy studies is a member of the ENOTHE and the WFOT.
- The programme includes over 1000 hours of Clinical Placement supervised by experienced mentors.Clinical Placement takes place in a wide network of public and private hospitals, rehabilitation centers, such as “Filoktitis”, “Metropolitan Hospital”, Attikon Hospital, Alexandra Hospital, etc.
- State-of-the-art laboratories and equipment.
- Occupational therapy students are members may do research work with the Aegean Research Centre (ARC).
- Graduates can apply to the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC) via the International Route procedure.
- OT students participate in interdisciplinary intervention teams together with Allied Health students coming from different disciplines.
The OT undergraduate programme is a full four-year academic course.
- Introduction to Occupational Therapy, Study and Professional Development.
- Applied Anatomy, Physiology and Neurophysiology for Occupational Therapy.
- Introduction to Psychology.
- Study of Activity in Occupational Therapy.
- Human Development and Occupational Therapy.
- Occupational Therapy Theories and Processes.
- Art and Creativity in Occupational Therapy.
- Movement analysis in Occupational Therapy I.
- Movement analysis in Occupational Therapy II.
- Research methods and statistics.
- Treating people who have Cardiac and Pulmonary Conditions in Occupational Therapy.
- Assessing and Treating People with Mental Health Disorders in Occupational Therapy.
- Therapeutic and Communication skills in Occupational therapy.
- Occupational therapy in neuromuscular disorders.
- Psychosocial applications in Occupational Therapy.
- Assistive devices and applications.
- Occupational Therapy with Older Adults.
- The science of Occupation.
- Occupational Therapy with Children and Adolescents with developmental disorders.
- Clinical Placement I.
- Occupation Practices and Interventions.
- Leading and managing Occupational Therapy services.
- Ethical Reasoning in Occupational Therapy.
- Clinical Placement IΙ.
- Clinical Reasoning in OT Practice.
- Assistive technologies in Occupational Therapy.
- Evaluative Practice in Occupational Therapy.
- Groups: Theory and facilitation in Occupational Therapy practice.
- Final Year Project.
- Practical placement III&IV.
OT graduates holding a BSc (Hons) in Occupational Therapy (Applied) degree can work in the private and public sectors, as well as professionals with fully recognized professional rights.
As professionals they can work at:
- Rehabilitation centers,
- Daycare Centers,
- Special needs schools,