Aegean College offers an innovative postgraduate programme in Precision Nutrition (MSc in Precision Nutrition) in collaboration with the University of Essex.
The aim of the programme is the in-depth understanding of the theoretical context of Nutritional Science, combined with practical application in the field of specialisation.
During their studies, students develop critical, analytical and communication skills.
The MSc in Precision Nutrition is aimed at graduates of Dietetics/Nutrition who wish to become more competitive in their field.
Upon completion of Stage 1, students can choose between the following streams:
- The programme is offered in collaboration with the University of Essex, ‘University of the Year‘ at the Times Higher Education Awards 2018.
- Essex is among the top 25 institutions in the UK for the quality of research.
- Essex is ranked 56th in the Times Higher Education Awards 2023 global rankings.
- Membership in the Journal Clubs of the programme.
- Flexible programme aimed to professionals.
- Top level academic staff, PhD holders and experienced professionals.
- Focus on the evidence-based practice.
- State-of-the-art laboratories.
- Open days and career development events.
- Personal development planning tailored to every student.
The MSc Precision Nutrition programme consists of three stages.
In order to obtain the Master’s degree in a particular stream, graduates must complete 8 modules, of which 6 are common to all streams and 2 related to their areas of expertise.
The 7 courses are worth 20 credits and the last one, the Research Master Thesis, in the third stage of the programme, is worth 40 credits. The total number of credits is 180 (90 ECTS).
Aegean College is located in Athens, Piraeus, Larissa and more recently Thessaloniki campus.
A fully equipped dietetic laboratory is available for students acting as a simulation area for assessment, counselling techniques and modalities.
Also, the computing laboratory is fully equipped with computers and appropriate software for statistical processing.
Finally, BioSensors SmartLab is available for students and academics of Aegean College since 2021 in collaboration with iMotions.
Graduates of this programme can work in Greece and abroad as specialised scientists in:
- rehabilitation centers,
- assisted living facilities, etc.