Aegean College Allied Health offers a top notch BSc (Hons) Biology. This 4-year programme is offered in collaboration with the University of Essex.
This is an exciting 4-year bachelor course in biology that covers knowledge from every aspect of this scientific field: from genetics to marine biological systems and other animals.
In our School you will have the opportunity to find out how biology contributes in protecting the ecosystems and species conservation and how it helps governments take informed decisions regarding environmental issues.
Students study “hand on” in the labs and are equipped with knowledge and professional skills in accordance with the Subject Benchmark Statement for Biosciences, 2019. Among others they learn about the professional code of ethics, make experiments in the lab and use big data analysis as a means of understanding biological processes.
Also, they comply with bioethics regulations and attend state-of-the-art modules such as new biotech products, regenerative medicine and cancer biology.
Apart from the lab students will have the chance to visit places of important biodiversity like botanical gardens, forests and zoos and learn more about fauna and flora conservation.
- Programme offered in collaboration with the University of Essex, “University of the Year”, Times Higher Education Awards 2018.
- Aegean College is the only college in Greece offering a biology degree.
- Modern lab.
- Educational visits to ecosystems read in biodiversity.
- Possibility to apply for a Royal Society of Biology membership.
- Academic staff comprising of PhDs.
The BSc (Hons) Biology is a 4-year academic programme.
BSc (Hons) Biology graduates can pursue careers:
- research centers,
- environmental conservation,
- botanical gardens and zoos.
- food technology.