Aegean College Shipping School offers top notch maritime studies leading to a BSc (Hons) in Shipping Management in collaboration with Canterbury Christ Church University.
It is a bachelors’ programme tailored to the british academic standards that covers all operating aspects of a shipping company.
Our students acquire essential knowledge for a succesfull career in Shipping.
Shipping studies lead to finding employment very fast given the fact that the Greek fleet under Greek flag is on the top of the Deadweight tonnage list according to United Nations Trade and Development, and the Union of Greek Ship-owners in London.
The input of Greek Shipping in domestic economy is particularly important as it constitutes 7% of NGP, with approximate workforce of 200.000.
In Piraeus- the largest port in Greece and one of the largest in Europe- there are 4 terminals (Container, General cargo, Car and Passengers).
The Bachelor program in Shipping Management in Aegean College excels for the following reasons:
- Academic staff and professionals with great experience in the shipping industry.
- Aegean College Shipping School is a member of BIMCO the biggest shipping database.
- Exclusive cooperation with Career Stream, the only HR company in Greece specialized in the Shipping sector. School is based in Piraeus.
- Big events that attract shipping executive and institutional bodies such as the annual Shipping Conference in Piraeus.
- Attention to Research with the Aegean Research Center.
- Strong bonds in the shipping industry: educational visits, big events, presentations, guest lectures and shipping Career Days.
- Modern labs, library and fully equipped classrooms.
- Access to the educational Portal (e-college).
- Access to the collaborating university’s digital library: thousands of digital books and journals.
- English and other foreign languages free courses.
BSc (Hons) in Shipping Management graduates can pursue successful careers in the international shipping industry. After course completion they can work in shipping companies of every sort: shipping operations, brokerage and logistics, marine insurance and crew.
Graduates can move to a Masters’ degree in Shipping or an MBA.