Social and Human sciences Faculty of Aegean College offers in Greece a high-level Academic program in Special Education in collaboration with the British University of Canterbury Christ Church University, which leads to the acquisition of BSc (Hons) Pre Primary Education with Special Needs.
The program covers fully the scientific and applied part of Pedagogy specializing in special education and thus connects the academic education with the practical training.
The aim of the program is for the students to develop professional skills in special education in all areas of care, education and preschool children with special needs.
BSc (Hons) Pre Primary Education with Special Needs is carried out at the state-of-the-art pedagogical laboratory of Aegean College, as well as partner crèches and kindergartens.
Special education studies in Aegean College are distinguished because:
- At the premises of the College there is an ultramodern pedagogical laboratory designed according to the latest international educational and professional standards in the field of Pedagogy. Basically it is a space simulation of professional conditions.
- Aegean College collaborates exclusively with leading professionals and scientists in the field of special education.
- Special education students perform internships in a very wide network of kindergartens and childcare centres with special needs.
- The courses are taught by distinguished scientists and professionals in the field of Special Education.
- Special Education students collaborate with students from other areas within interdisciplinary intervention groups.
- Aegean College hosts events with huge resonance in which top names in the field of special education are hosted, such as the 1st interdisciplinary conference in special education and special treatments.
The undergraduate courses in Special needs cover the whole spectrum of modern theories in modern theories in Special Education and are adapted to the techniques used in this field.
Master degree holders Enrolled in Pre Primary Education with Special Needs can work in pre-school centres in the private and public sectors, and to pursue careers as freelancers with recognised professional rights to kindergartens, schools, kindergartens, etc.
In accordance with the legal framework for the recruitment of teachers, graduates enrolled in Pre-Primary Education with Special Needs have the right to inclusion in lists of special education.