Aegean College offers a high-level academic programme in Special Education in collaboration with the University of Essex, leading to a BSc (Hons) Pre Primary Education with Special Needs degree.
The programme meets the theoretical and applied part of special education and links academic education with practice.
The programme aims to the development of professional skills in special education in all areas of care, education and preschool children with special needs.
- Modern laboratory designed according to the latest educational and professional standards.
- Collaboration with experienced professionals and scientists in the field of special education.
- Internships in a wide network of kindergartens and childcare centres.
- Collaboration with students from other fields within interdisciplinary intervention groups.
The undergraduate courses in Special needs cover the whole spectrum of modern theories in Special Education.
*The start date and details of this course are still subject to University approval. In the event that approval is not granted by your course start date, an alternative date will be offered or a full refund given. If we need to make changes to this programme as part of the University of Essex validation process, we will communicate these to you at the earliest possible date.
- Academic Writing Skills and English terminology.
- Introduction to Pre-Primary Education.
- Social and Emotional Development.
- Developmental Psychology and Psycho-Educational Learning Theories.
- Introduction to Special Needs and Inclusive Practices.
- Introduction to Multi-cultural Education.
- Introduction to Music-Kinetic Education.
- Physical & Sensory Development.
- Supporting Speech and Language Development.
- Social Psychology and Pedagogy: children as social beings and group dynamics.
- Literacy and educational practices in Pre-Primary education.
- Drama Education, Puppetry, Play and Learning in Pre-Primary Education.
- Diversity, Inclusive Practices and Early Intervention in Developmental Disorders.
- Project method, Curriculum and Interdisciplinary Curricula in Pre-Primary Education.
- Arts in Pre-Primary Education.
- Placement I in Pre-Primary Education.
- Teaching Pedagogy in Pre-Primary Education and Information and Communication Technologies.
- Learning Difficulties: Screening and Assessment.
- Research Methodologies in Pre- Primary Education.
- Learning Difficulties: Educational Intervention Strategies.
- Educational Approaches for Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- International Perspectives in Pre-Primary Education with Special Needs, Early Intervention and Inclusive Practices.
- Placement II in Pre- Primary Education.
- Leadership in Pre- Primary Education Settings.
- Counselling Psychology in Education.
- Intellectual and Learning Difficulties
- School Psychology.
- Placement III in Pre- Primary Education.
Graduates can work in pre-schools in the private or public sector or work as freelancers.