The BSc (Hons) Mathematics for Business is an undergraduate degree offered in collaboration with the University of Essex.
The 3 academic years comprises of core modules. In the 4th year, students chose among four streams:
The aims of the Mathematics for Business stream are:
- To provide students with a strong foundation in mathematical methods and techniques relevant to business and finance.
- To develop students’ critical thinking and problem-solving skills for practical applications in the field of business.
- To equip students with the ability to communicate mathematical concepts and results to a business audience.
- To prepare students for careers in finance, management, and other business-related fields that require a strong mathematical background.
- The programme is offered in collaboration with the University of Essex, ‘University of the Year‘ at the Times Higher Education Awards 2018.
- Essex is among the top 25 institutions in the UK for the quality of research.
- Essex is ranked 56th in the Times Higher Education Awards 2023 global rankings
- Modern lab.
- Aegean College is the only college in Greece offering a recognized degree in Mathematics.
- PhD academic staff.
- Opportunities for connecting students to the marketplace.
- The undergraduate program is offered in Athens and Thessaloniki.
Students will be taught 8 modules of 15 credits each, which are common for all specialisations in year 1,2,3.
In year 4 students will be taught a 4 modules of 15 credits each in each specialisation followed by a 15 creits module titled Research in Mathematics as well as a 45 credits Dissertation. The total number of credits for the programme being 480 credits (240 ECTS).
Aegean College provides modern facilities, computer labs, libraries and classrooms that meet the needs of students and academic staff.
In addition, students have access to the BioSensors SmartLab, an innovative artificial intelligence laboratory that features, among other software and tools, eye tracking and electroencephalogram (EEG) technology.
Graduates with a mathematics background are in high demand, with strong job prospects in areas such as: