Aegean College offers a specialisation postgraduate degree in Sports Nutrition in collaboration with the University of Essex.
The MSc in Sports Nutrition is a postgraduate degree focuses on the science behind sports nutrition.
Aegean College offers its students various fully equipped laboratories, necessary for running a Dietetics programme, located in the Athens, Larissa and more recently the Thessaloniki campus.
Courses are mandatory and use e-learning tools, thus supporting Aegean College’s mentality of flexible and up-to-date curricula.
Upon completion of Stage 1, students can choose between the following streams:
- The programme is offered in collaboration with the University of Essex, ‘University of the Year‘ at the Times Higher Education Awards 2018.
- Essex is among the top 25 institutions in the UK for the quality of research.
- Essex is ranked 56th in the Times Higher Education Awards 2023 global rankings.
- Membership in the Journal Clubs of the programme.
- Flexible programme aimed to professionals.
- Top level academic staff, PhD holders and experienced professionals.
- Focus on the evidence-based practice.
- State-of-the-art laboratories.
- Open days and career development events.
- Personal development planning tailored to every student.
The programme is structured in 3 Stages and consists of 7, 20-credi,t courses as well as a postgraduate dissertation.
Aegean College operates modern and well-equipped laboratories:
- Dietetics laboratory.
- Anatomy and Physiotherapy laboratory,
- Biology laboratory,
- Chemistry and Biochemistry laboratory,
- Computing laboratory ,
Furthermore, available to students and academics since 2021, is BioSensors SmartLab. This innovative lab operates in collaboration with iMotions.
Graduates of the programme MSc in Sports Nutrition can work in Greece and abroad as specialised scientists:
- in the nutritional management of athletes,
- international sports teams,
- in sport venues,
- hospitals and clinics
- food supplements production companies.