Aegean College offers a top-notch BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science. This 4-year programme is offered in collaboration with the University of Essex.
The undergraduate course in Biomedical Science develops knowledge and laboratory skills in accordance with british and greek professional standards. Our aim is to create professionals capable of understanding the basis of human health and its enhancement, as well as analysing disease and its treatment and transmission.
Emphasis is placed on diagnostic methodologies applied in the diagnosis, monitoring, treatment and prevention of various diseases.
The course is based on “hands-on” training in the labs. Students are equipped with knowledge and professional skills in accordance with the Subject Benchmark Statement for Biosciences, 2019. Among other things they get acquainted with the professional code of ethics, complete experiments in the lab and analyse big-data as a tool of understanding biological processes.
Also, they comply with bioethics regulations and attend state-of-the-art modules such as new biotech products, regenerative medicine and cancer biology.
In addition to the laboratory and theoretical part of their studies, graduates complete practical training in hospitals and diagnostic centers.
- The course is offered in collaboration with the University of Essex, “University of the Year”, Times Higher Education Awards 2018.
- State-of-the-art lab.
- Practice programme in hospitals and diagnostic centres.
- Wide range of career options.
- PhD Academic staff.
- The programme is delivered in Athens and Thessaloniki.
The BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science is a 4-year academic programme.
- Molecular and Cell Biology.
- Anatomy and Physiology.
- Practical and Laboratory Skills for Biomedical Scientists.
- General and Organic Chemistry.
- Molecular Biology.
- General and Medical Microbiology.
- Medical Genetics.
- Clinical Biochemistry.
- Haematology and Blood Transfusion Science.
- Pathology – Histopathology.
- Molecular Basis of Cancer.
- Research Methodology.
- Biosafety – Certification of Biomedical Laboratories.
- In Vitro Fertilization and Recurrent Implantation.
- Work Placement.
BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science graduates can pursue careers:
- diagnostic centres.
- pharmaceutical companies.
- IVF companies.
- promotion of health-related products.
- biotechnology companies.