Aegean College offers a postgraduate programme in Clinical Biochemistry and Molecular Biomarkers in collaboration with University of Essex.
Aegean College offers an innovative postgraduate programme that provides advanced knowledge and laboratory skills in the broader field of diagnostic biomedicine.
It is designed for professionals or graduates in biology, biochemistry, chemistry, biomedical sciences, medicine and related sciences who want to deepen their knowledge of the biochemistry and pathophysiology of diseases of major organs of the human body and discover how laboratory diagnostic analysis contributes to clarifying the cause and providing patient treatment advice.
Students will identify and learn traditional and modern methods of laboratory diagnosis of various diseases of the human body as well as critically evaluate laboratory methodologies.
Finally, postgraduate students have the opportunity to develop communication skills, self-feedback and interdisciplinary collaboration skills, as well as the principles and ethics of conducting scientific research.
The programme includes modern and innovative teaching and assessment methods, in alignment with international standards, and culminates in the completion of a supervised laboratory-based research master’s thesis relevant to the discipline, under the guidance of experienced and scientifically qualified staff.
- The only Greek-language postgraduate programme specialising in the field of Clinical Biochemistry and Molecular Biomarkers.
- Teaching is delivered by distinguished scientists and professionals.
- Pioneering courses.
- Learning traditional and modern genetic modification techniques.
- Flexibility in Learning process.
- Collaboration with students from other disciplines in the Biology Laboratory.
- Mandatory laboratory Master’s Thesis.
- Participation in international scientific conferences and networking with the field and other scientists.
- Principles of Clinical Biochemistry.
- Analytical Techniques and Methods in Clinical Biochemistry.
- Molecular Science and Clinical Biomarkers.
- Metabolism and Endocrinology.
- Molecular Medicine.
- Bioinformatics and Omics Technologies.
- Pediatric Biochemistry.
- Immunopathology and Microbiology.
- Research Methods and Statistics.
- biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies.
- R&D of new products and services.
- biotech start-upfounders.
- PhD students.