The MSc in Machine Learning mainly aims to equip students and other professionals to acquire specialised knowledge, gain valuable experience and build a professional career. The objective of this programme is to produce qualified and skilled professionals in the broader area of AI. In particular, the aims of this programme are:
- to provide a sound basis for conducting and developing experienced AI systems for decision-making.
- to develop an interdisciplinary approach in AI that involves machine learning methodologies, programming and data analytics.
- to develop critical thinking and awareness on fundamental areas like descriptive, predictive statistics and data mining in Big Data sets.
Students can choose one of the following streams:
- MSc in Artificial Intelligence (Data Analytics).
- MSc in Artificial Intelligence (Machine Learning).
- MSc in Artificial Intelligence (Healthcare).
- MSc in Artificial Intelligence (Future Governance).
- The programme is offered in collaboration with the University of Essex, ‘University of the Year‘ at the Times Higher Education Awards 2018.
- Essex is among the top 25 institutions in the UK for the quality of research.
- Essex is ranked 56th in the Times Higher Education Awards 2023 global rankings.
- The Aegean College IT School is member of the Oracle Academy allowing students to gain access to a vast library and get professional accreditations.
- Open days and career development events.
- Personal development planning tailored to every student.
- Well-equipped computer labs.
- Focus on e-commerce and other platforms.
- Graduates may apply to the British Computing Society (BCS).
The Machine Learning postgraduate course is a two-year, divided in three phases, academic programme which provides students with all the necessary knowledge and abilities required for databases administrators and big data analysts.
Modern facilities, computer labs, libraries and classrooms ensure that the needs of students and academic staff are met.
Moreover, Postgraduate students will have access to Artificial Intelligence Laboratory in Aegean Omiros College, with specialised BI Software (Tableau, QlikView, PowerBi) and all the required programming environments for the development of the algorithms and models.
More precisely, the laboratory is fully equipped with computers with appropriate software for the development of statistical models, machine learning algorithms and projector, and allows for access to AOC Moodle resources.
Graduates can seek employment in the following economic sectors:
- Banking, Insurance and Economics.
- Services (e.g. tourism market).
- NLP (Natural Language Processing) and Computer Vision.
- Marketing (e.g. basket analysis).
- Smart applications.