The philosophy of the MSc in Obesity Eating Behaviour is to combine an evidence-based, research-minded approach with the principles of lifelong learning and thus equip students with knowledge, competences and skills necessary for safe, ethical, autonomous, person-centered and effective practice as an advanced Health Professional, taking into account all relevant sociocultural contexts.
The programme intends to produce scientific practitioners who will be capable of undertaking evidence-based research. Finally, students will be provided with the opportunity to develop independent learning skills and critical thinking and become autonomous professionals.
Upon completion of Stage 1, students can choose between the following streams:
- The programme is offered in collaboration with the University of Essex, ‘University of the Year‘ at the Times Higher Education Awards 2018.
- Essex is among the top 25 institutions in the UK for the quality of research.
- Essex is ranked 56th in the Times Higher Education Awards 2023 global rankings.
- Membership in the Journal Clubs of the programme.
- Flexible programme aimed to professionals.
- Top level academic staff, PhD holders and experienced professionals.
- Focus on the evidence-based practice.
- State-of-the-art laboratories.
- Open days and career development events.
- Personal development planning tailored to every student.
The programme is structured in 3 Stages and consists of 7 courses as well as a postgraduate dissertation.
Aegean College operates modern and well-equipped laboratories:
- Dietetics laboratory.
- Anatomy and Physiotherapy laboratory,
- Biology laboratory,
- Chemistry and Biochemistry laboratory,
- Computing laboratory ,
Furthermore, available to students and academics since 2021, is BioSensors SmartLab. This innovative lab operates in collaboration with iMotions.
Graduates of this programme can work in Greece and abroad as specialised scientists in:
- rehabilitation centers,
- assisted living facilities, etc.