Aegean College School of Life Sciences offers an undergraduate programme in Marine Biology. This 4-year programme is offered in collaboration with the University of Essex. The programme has been awarded with the title of International Accreditation Identity by the Royal Society of Biology.
This programme aims to support the students in gaining all the appropriate theoretical background to practice biology professionally. Furthermore it will aim to inspire future scientists by providing them with the necessary practical skills in order to conduct innovative research and solve real life challenges such as global warming, cancer development and treatment, production of fuel and food from new organisms etc.
It consists of three streams:
- Programme offered in collaboration with the University of Essex, “University of the Year”, Times Higher Education Awards 2018.
- One year of free membership of the Royal Society of Biology.
- Aegean College is the only college in Greece offering a biology degree.
- Modern lab.
- Educational visits to ecosystems rich in biodiversity.
- PhD academic staff.
Graduates can work as specialists in environmental protection and marine biodiversity conservation:
- Research centres,
- Fish farming companies,
- Environmental organisations,