Aegean College School of Human Sciences offers a two-year postgraduate programme in special needs education, MSc Early Childhood Education with Special Needs.
The programme is offered in collaboration with Canterbury Christ Church University.
The course is aimed to education and social sciences graduates and professionals: teachers and educators, school counselors, therapists and mental health professionals.
Its scope is to promote knowledge and specialized intervention methods and techniques.
Postgraduate students develop skills necessary to assess special education needs and to design effective solutions for students with learning difficulties or disabilities.
At the same time, the programme focuses on the interaction with children and parents, teachers and other professionals.
- The College has a state-of-the-art Pre Primary Education Laboratory designed according to the most recent international standards.
- Aegean College collaborates with distinguished scientists in the field of special needs education.
- Training seminars and lectures.
- Internships in a very wide network of kindergardens and childcare centres.
- The college hosts events with a great scientific impact such as the 1st Interdisciplinary Convention of Special Education.
For the successful completion of the programme students are required to have completed 180 credits of the British educational system Level 7 or 90 ECTS.
During the first year students attend four mandatory main courses and two specialization courses.
Courses include clinical placement in special education schools.
Clinical placement 300 hours is certified by the supervisors.
During the second year study students attend two courses lessons and prepare their Dissertation.
Graduates of the MSc in Early Childhood Education with Special Needs work in pre-school centres and special education in the private and public sectors.
They can also to pursue their studies for a PHd.