Aegean College a postgraduate programme in special needs education leading to an MSc Early Childhood Education with Special Needs.
The programme is offered in collaboration with the University of Essex.
The course is aimed to education and social sciences graduates and professionals: teachers and educators, school counselors, therapists and mental health professionals.
Its scope is to promote knowledge and specialized intervention methods and techniques.
Postgraduate students develop skills necessary to assess special education needs and to design effective solutions for students with learning difficulties or disabilities.
At the same time, the programme focuses on the interaction with children and parents, teachers and other professionals.
- The College offers a state-of-the-art Pre Primary Education Lab designed according to the most recent international standards.
- Aegean College collaborates with distinguished PhD scientists in the field of special needs education.
- Training seminars and lectures.
- Clinical Placement in a very wide network of pre-schools, kindergardens and childcare centres.
- The college hosts events with a great scientific impact such as the 1st Interdisciplinary Convention of Special Education.
For the successful completion of the programme students are required to have completed 180 credits of the British educational system Level 7 or 90 ECTS.
During the first year students attend four mandatory main courses and two specialization courses.
Courses include clinical placement in special education schools.
Clinical placement 300 hours is certified by the supervisors.
During the second year study students attend two courses lessons and prepare their Dissertation.
Graduates of the MSc in Early Childhood Education with Special Needs work in pre-school centres and special education in the private and public sectors.
They can also to pursue their studies for a PhD.