Aegean College offers an innovative postgraduate programme in Public Health Nutrition (MSc in Public Health Nutrition) in collaboration with the University of Essex.
This postgraduate programme is based on innovative approach combining knowledge and expertise from the fields of Public Health and Nutrition.
It seeks to impart to students the knowledge and understanding required within their profession as well as the cognitive, practical, professional and transferable skills to enable them to become advanced practitioners.
Moreover, it has been developed to provide students with a holistic view of the needs of a range of client groups across the age span.
Upon completion of Stage 1, students can choose between the following streams:
- The programme is offered in collaboration with the University of Essex, ‘University of the Year‘ at the Times Higher Education Awards 2018.
- Essex is among the top 25 institutions in the UK for the quality of research.
- Essex is ranked 56th in the Times Higher Education Awards 2023 global rankings.
- Membership in the Journal Clubs of the programme.
- Flexible programme aimed to professionals.
- Top level academic staff, PhD holders and experienced professionals.
- Focus on the evidence-based practice.
- State-of-the-art laboratories.
- Open days and career development events.
- Personal development planning tailored to every student.
The MSc Public Health Nutrition is a part-time programme.
It consists of three stages. In order to obtain the Master’s degree in a particular stream, graduates must complete 8 modules, of which 6 are common to all streams and 2 related to their areas of expertise.
The 7 courses are worth 20 credits and the last one, the Research Master Thesis, in the third stage of the programme, is worth 40 credits. The total number of credits is 180 (90 ECTS).
Aegean College is located in Athens, Larissa and more recently Thessaloniki campus.
A fully equipped dietetic laboratory is available for students acting as a simulation area for assessment, counselling techniques and modalities. Students will also have the opportunity to use assessment equipment, as well as to perform counselling sessions amongst themselves. In this way, students will have the opportunity to better understand the professional techniques used in Dietetics, reflect on their performance and enhance their skills prior to embarking on placement. They will also have the opportunity to link theory with practice through the use of scenarios imitating real cases.
Furthermore, the computing laboratory is fully equipped with computers and appropriate software for statistical processing (i.e.: Statistical Package for Social Sciences). Moreover, it allows for access to of Virtual Learning Environment resources.
Also, BioSensors SmartLab is available for students and academics of Aegean College since 2021 in collaboration with iMotions
Graduates can provide services in hospitals, clinics, rehabilitation centres and other Health Services in the public and private sector.