Aegean College Allied Health offers a top notch programme in physiotherapy in collaboration with Coventry University, UK.
This is a four – year course leading to a BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy (Applied).
Physiotherapy studies in Aegean College provide student the opportunity to develop the knowledge and clinical skills required to implement Physiotherapy techniques safely and effectively.
Students delve into issues of physical therapy, such as musculoskeletal, neurological and cardiac rehabilitation. In addition, they have the opportunity to apply theoretical knowledge in a controlled environment inside the premises of the College, to develop clinical skills and to be in position to restore a patient’s physical, psychological and social condition.
They practice physio techiques through in the lab and also by engaging in real incidents during their internship with a view to clinical reasoning.
The college lab familiarises students to real world conditions and therefore they have the opportunity to close the gap between theoretical knowledge and actual practice.
Physiotherapy studies in Aegean College provide students with modern education in accordance to generally acclaimed academic standards.
- Fully equipped physiotherapy laboratory.
- Over 1000 hours of Clinical Placement supervised by specially trained mentors.
- Clinical Placement takes place in a wide network of collaborating clinical institutes such as public and private hospitals, rehabilitation centers, physiotherapy centers etc.
- Aegean College Physiotherapy Department is a member of the ENPHE (European Network of Higher Education in Physiotherapy) an organization aiming to promote physiotherapy education in accordance to the standards set by the Confederation of Physical Therapy.
- Academic staff includes professional physiotherapists with a great field experience.
- Gradutes of the BSc (Hons) in Physiotherapy (Applied) can register at the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC) in the UK following the “International Route”.
The course content is regularly updated so that it reflects the latest knowledge in a dynamic scientific field.
The Aegean College has established and operates at the facilities of a modern and well-equipped Physiotherapy Laboratory.
The Physiotherapy Lab in Aegean College is designed in accordance to the latest international educational and professional standards allowing actual research and practice under professional conditions. Among other equipment if comprises of treatment beds and Laser, Ultrasound and Electrotherapy devices, modern fitness devices etc.
Graduates of the BSc (Hons) in Physiotherapy (Applied) have the opportunity to work as Physiotherapists with patients of all ages in a variety of workplaces in the private and public sectors, as well as freelancers with recognized professional rights under applicable law.
They get employed by rehabilitation centers, nursing homes, special needs schools, hospitals, sports clubs and physiotherapy centers offering services to children and adults with musculoskeletal, neurological and cardiorespiratory disorders.
In Greece the Recognition of Qualification is carried out through the procedure by the Ministry of Education.