The Faculty of Health of Aegean College offers high qaulity physiotherapy studies in collaboration with the State University of Coventry University, UK.
This is a four – year course leading to a BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy (Applied).
Physiotherapy studies in Aegean College provide student the opportunity to develop the knowledge and clinical skills required to implement Physiotherapy techniques safely and effectively.
Students delve into issues of physical therapy, such as musculoskeletal, neurological and cardiac rehabilitation. In addition, they have the opportunityto apply theoretical knowledge in a controlled environment inside the premises of the College, to develop clinical skills needed later ine their careers, and to be able to restore the physical, psychological and social well – being in the patient.
Also,they practice Physio techiques through simulations sessions and also by engaging in real incidents during internship, with a view to develop Physio treatments based in clinical reasoning.
Thanks to the laboratory equipment of the college, students of physical therapy are familiar with the environment they will encounter in their work. In addtion to theoretical education, they also apply practical treatment regimens in a sefe environment, using all available equipment.
In this way, they have the opportumity to link theoretical knowledge acquired during the implementation of teaching in the professional field
Physiotherapy studies in Aegean College provide students with modern education according to the most recents Europeans standards.
- The programm is offered in collaboration with Coventry University which ranks 6th in Physical therapy throughout the UK according to official rankings
- The lessons are taught in a modern and well equipped physiotherapy laboratory of Aegean College.
- The course icludes over 1000 hours of Clinical internships supervised by specially trained professionals , covering a wide range of ailments.
- The Clinical Internship takes place in a wide network of collaborating clinical institutes consisting of public and private hospitals, rehabilitation centers, Physiotherapy centers, the rehabilitation center “Philoctetis”, the Scientific therapeutic Riding Company, IASO General Hospital, etc.
- The physiotherapy Department of Aegean College is a member of ENPHE (European Network of Higher Education in Physiotherapy). This is a European organization with the aim of exchanging views on education in physiotherapy, as well as the promotion of educational support for the science of physiotherapy in accordance with the high standards of the global Confederation of Physical Therapy
- The lessons are taught by distinguished scholars and professional physiotherapists with very extensive experience and academic distinctions.
- Holders of BSc (Hons) in Physiotherapy (Applied) can register with the British Chamber of health professionals (Health Care Professions and Council-HCPC), the official body that validates qualification certificates in Health sector in Great Britain (International Route).
Physiotherapy studies in Aegean College are in collaboration with Coventry University; leading and developing knowledge and skills necessary for a career in Greece or abroad.
The Aegean College has established and operates at the facilities of a modern and well-equipped Physiotherapy Laboratory.
The Physiotherapy Lab in Aegean College was designed with the latest international educational and professional standards in the field of physiotherapy.
The lab is a space simulation of actual research and professional conditions: including treatment beds and Laser, Ultrasound and Electrotherapy devices, which are used in all modern physiotherapy laboratories.
Also, physiotherapy studies take place in a laboratory equipped with modern fitness devices together with all technical means patients requiring physiotherapy need.
Aegean College graduates with a BSc (Hons) in Physiotherapy (Applied) have the opportunity to work as Physiotherapists with people of all ages in a variety of workplaces in the private and public sectors, as well as freelancers with recognized professional rights under applicable law.
They can work in rehabilitation centers, nursing homes, special needs schools, hospitals, sports clubs and physiotherapy centers offering rehabilitation services to children and adults with musculoskeletal, neurological and cardiorespiratory disorders.
In Greece the Recognition of Qualification is carried out through the procedure by the Council for the recognition of professional qualifications, via the Ministry of education.