The Schools of Health and Human Sciences of Aegean College offer an undergraduate programme of high calibre in the science of physical activity and sport, leading to the BSc (Hons) Sport Science with Physical Education.
The degree is awarded by the UK University, University of Essex.
The programme focuses on contemporary subjects such as anatomy, physiology, biomechanics, psychology, pedagogy and analyzes through them coaching and teaching methods, athletes’ performance, nutrition as well as rehabilitation of injuries and chronic diseases.
Thus, important factors that affect and improve a person’s athletic performance and well-being are systematically examined, while students have the opportunity to specialise in a specific sport.
During the 4th year they can specialise either in Coaching or Physical Activity and Rehabilitation. Coaching students can work in football, basketball, swimming and track and field, in order to prepare themselves as coaches in schools, sports clubs, academies, gyms, etc. Rehabilitation students can work in rehabilitation centers, gyms, as personal trainers, etc.
Aegean College emphasize on professional ethics, integration and development of social and communication skills in various professional environments.
The program is available not only to high school graduates, but also to older students with experience in the fields of health, sports, and wellness.
- This degree is awarded by University of Essex, which is a university with an outstanding reputation in sport training.
- Modules cover a wide range of subjects so that students can gain an in-depth understanding of the parameters involved in athletic performance and means to improve it as sport science professionals.
- The structure of the programme – both in terms of knowledge and skills gained- is such an important step for a successful career in a wide range of sport-related fields and industries.
- Upon completion of the programme, graduates will be well-equipped with the knowledge and skills to be able to work at high intensity in demanding sport-related fields and industries.
- The curriculum is designed based on the specifications of The British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences-(BASES)
- Students have the ability to choose academic path between Coaching or Physical Activity and Rehabilitation
- Aegean College in collaboration with University of Essex provides effective lectures, field exercises, seminars, workshops and case studies.
- Internship programme is required for the completion of the programme
It is a four-year programme. To complete the programme 480 credit units are required. During the 2nd and the 4th year students are expected to work as interns.
During the 2nd year students carry out 40 hours of Internship in the course Sports Pedagogy and Physical Education with Internship: 20 hours in elementary schools and 20 hours in high and senior high schools.
During the 4th year students have the ability to choose an academic path between Coaching or Physical Activity and Rehabilitation and carry out an internship of 180 hours in order to develop skills adapted to the needs of the marketplace.
As a Sport Science with Physical Education graduate, you will be highly sought after by employers in a rapidly growing market place both nationally and globally. Sport Science students are in increasing demand and our students have gone into many different careers in this new period of professionalism within sport.
These areas of employment includes:
- sports teams, clubs and associations.
- sport rehabilitation and performance improvement services.
- sales and marketing of sports equipment.
- personal trainers.
- sport education.