The MSc Clinical Nutrition is a postgraduate programme in an emerging field aimed at Dieticians, Nutritionists and other professionals who wish to become more competitive in their field by gaining experience in Clinical Nutrition.
The programme includes a wide range of approaches to learning, teaching and assessment. Teaching will primarily comprise of lectures, practical classes, workshops, seminars and webinars, etc.
Students will have the opportunity to learn working together using solution-based learning, which aims to encourage the development and promotion of skills for inter-professional and interagency collaboration.
Upon completion of Stage 1, students can choose between the following streams:
- The programme is offered in collaboration with the University of Essex, ‘University of the Year‘ at the Times Higher Education Awards 2018.
- Essex is among the top 25 institutions in the UK for the quality of research.
- Essex is ranked 56th in the Times Higher Education Awards 2023 global rankings.
- Membership in the Journal Clubs of the programme.
- Flexible programme aimed to professionals.
- Top level academic staff, PhD holders and experienced professionals.
- Focus on the evidence-based practice.
- State-of-the-art laboratories.
- Open days and career development events.
- Personal development planning tailored to every student.
The programme is consisted of 6 streams, Clinical Nutrition, Sports Nutrition, Public Health Nutrition, Obesity-Eating Disorders, Paediatric Nutrition and Precision Nutrition. Each specialty consists of 7, 20-credit modules and the Research Project which is a 40-credit annual core module in Stage 3 of the programme.
The total number of credits for the programme being 180 credits (90 ECTS).
A fully equipped dietetic laboratory is available for students acting as a simulation area for assessment, counselling techniques and modalities. Students will also have the opportunity to use assessment equipment, as well as to perform counselling sessions amongst themselves. In this way, students will have the opportunity to better understand the professional techniques used in Dietetics, reflect on their performance and enhance their skills prior to embarking on placement.
Furthermore, the computing laboratory is fully equipped with computers and appropriate software for statistical processing (i.e.: Statistical Package for Social Sciences). Moreover, it allows for access to Aegean College’s Virtual Learning Environment resources.
Moreover, students have access to BioSensors SmartLab, which was added in Aegean College recently in collaboration with iMotions. Its main aim is to facilitate research in different areas such as Health Sciences, Psychology, Education, Artificial Intelligence, Business Management & Neuromarketing, Neuroscience and more.
Graduates of this programme can work in Greece and abroad as specialised scientists in:
- rehabilitation centers,
- assisted living facilities, etc.