Many professionals in the field of Psychology or other related areas seek to complete a PhD programme in order to enhance their qualifications, enrich their knowledge, develop their research skills and continue their professional development.
The programme is a 3-year, Level 8, programme and includes a doctoral thesis submitted by the end of Year 3 for full-time students and by year 5 for part-time students.
The purpose of this programme is to enable students to become up to date with current progress in the field of Psychology and provide them with skills that will help them in their professional lives as psychologists, leaders in psychology or in their academic career.
It will offer them the knowledge and the practical skills which are necessary when planning and conducting research with clients and/or patients. This knowledge will ensure that candidates are appropriately qualified to conduct active research and produce academic work of the appropriate standards.
The course team’s research interests include the following areas:
- School Psychology
- Clinical Psychology
- Application of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy in children and/or adults
- Developmental Neuropsychology
- Neuropsychology in adults
- Mental Health
- Perinatal Mental Health
- Special Educational Needs
- Learning disorders
- New Technologies in Teaching and their impact in Psychology of learning
- E-learning and developmental psychology
- Lifelong Learning and psychology
- Forensic Psychology
- Mental Health and Forensic Psychology
- Organisational/Occupational Psychology
- Psychology and Leadership
- The PhD programme is offered in collaboration with the University of Essex, which is ranked among the 301-350 Top Universities in the World (THE World University Rankings).
- #27 in the ranking of British Universities in collaboration with Greek Private Colleges (Complete University Guide).
- Research opportunities at BioSensors SmartLab, the College’s state-of-the-art Artificial Intelligence Laboratory.
- Collaboration with Wilhelm Wundt’s psychometric laboratory and Albert Ellis’ inpatient clinic.
- Collaboration with renowned scientists and mental health professionals.
- Career Days.
- Library resources.
- Field Trips.
- Support during research project and encouragement towards continuing professional development and lifelong learning.
- Degrees of all levels are recognised through application at ATEEN, Ministry of Education.
The programme is a 3-year Level 8 programme and includes a doctoral thesis submitted by the end of Year 3 for full-time students and by year 5 for part-time students.
The programme consists of mandatory seminars aimed at preparing the PhD students for conducting dissertation research in terms of modern research standards.
PhD Graduates are properly prepared to offer their services and knowledge in:
- The public of private sector.
- Healthcare Institutions.
- Social services.