Aegean College Shipping School offers a postgraduate MSc in Shipping Management in collaboration with Canterbury Christ Church University.
The master in ship management is the only postgraduate programme in maritime studies in Greece designed by industry executives and professionals.
It is addressed to merchant fleet officers, managers of shipping companies, graduates of other disciplines who wish to pursue a career in shipping.
This master in shipping is designed in accordance to the British academic standards and covers the whole spectrum of shipping operations.
It focuses on the organization and administration of a shipping company in order to prepare career executives promote the vision, goals and strategy of the company.
The studies on marine drive in fast absorption of the labor market since the Greek-owned fleet under Greek flag occupies the first position in the ranking of worldwide shipping capacity (DWT), according to the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) and the Greek Shipping Cooperation Committee in London.
Extremely important is the input of Greek shipping in the domestic economy by 7% of GDP, while the industry’s contribution to total employment is estimated at about 200,000 jobs.
In Piraeus -Greece’s largest port and one of the largest in Europe- operate four terminals (container, general cargo, automobile and passenger shipping).
- Flexible programme tailored to the specific needs of shipping professionals, executives and graduates with part-time attendance.
- Aegean College Shipping is a member of BIMCO one of the biggest shipping databases worldwide.
- Partnership with Career Stream an HR company specialized in shipping recruitment.
- Academic staff along with industry professionals ensure a bond between academia and the shipping market.
- The MSc is based in Piraeus, the center of greek Maritime Studies.
- Big events with an impact to such as the annual Shipping Conference.
- Strong bonds within the shipping industry: educational visits in companies and on board, events, presentations, guest lectures and Career Days.
- Focus on research with the Aegean Research Centre.
- Labs, libraries and fully equipped classrooms.
- Educational Portal (e-college) and access to the electronic libraries.
- Free english language courses.
- Programme is taught in Greek and English.
The curriculum develops special marine subjects and extends into three stages.
The MSc in Shipping Management is addressed to professionals and executives who aspire to have a career in a high level in the shipping sector.
Master’s degree holders have all the necessary qualifications to occupy managerial positions in companies in the shipping industry.
Graduates of the Master in Shipping programme can seek careers in the maritime sector or continue their studies to a PhD.
The Aegean College collaborates with the Spinnaker Global /Specialist Recruitment company for direct employment of the holders in MSc Shipping Management in larger shipping companies worldwide.