Aegean College offers a masters course in Coaching and Mentoring leading to an MSc in Coaching and Mentoring. The programme is offered in collaboration with the University of Essex.
The MSc Coaching & Mentoring (Wellbeing Practitioner) is a programme open to a wide range of individuals who are seeking to develop their skills and knowledge in the field of Coaching and Mentoring. It is designed to offer skills to those who wish to enter the field of Coaching and Mentoring, but it is also designed for Coaching and Mentoring Practitioners who wish to extent their knowledge, skills and practice with emphasis to Well Being and evidence-based practices in Master level.
This programme will also offer a multi-disciplinary understanding of the key concepts, theories and principles underlying Coaching and Mentoring with emphasis to Well Being practices, including key and contemporary theories of coaching, mentoring, supervision, ethical considerations and practices, reflections and building professional standards of practice.
On a secondary level, this programme will offer the opportunity to develop and further enhance understanding of key contemporary concepts of transformative coaching, mentoring and reflection, to those already qualified as coaches and mentors and to those who wish to enter this field of professional practice.
- The programme is offered in collaboration with the University of Essex, ‘University of the Year‘ at the Times Higher Education Awards 2018.
- Essex is among the top 25 institutions in the UK for the quality of research.
- Essex is ranked 56th in the Times Higher Education Awards 2023 global rankings.
- It provides specialised teaching by professionals in the field, most of whom are PhDs and trained in various Coaching and Mentoring models.
- It provides an academic environment that promotes challenges, interest and encouragement to explore key and contemporary issues and debates in the fields of Coaching and Mentoring.
- It provides a unique opportunity to develop systematic skills and extend professional practice, with an emphasis on developing confidence both in professional practice and in terms of handling complex data and applying research protocols.
- It provides the opportunity to conduct research at BioSensors SmartLab, Aegean College’s state-of-the-art Artificial Intelligence Laboratory.
- Open days and career development events.
- Personal development planning tailored to every student.
The programme is consisted of nine (9)modules. The total number of credits for the programme being 180 credits (90 ECTS).
Students will have access to the computing laboratories at the College.
More precisely, the computing laboratories are fully equipped with computers, appropriate software, and projector, and allow for access to AOC VLE resources.
BioSensors SmartLab was added in the resources available to students and academics of Aegean College late in 2021 in collaboration with iMotions. Its main aim is to facilitate research in different areas such as Psychology, Education, Artificial Intelligence, Health Sciences, Business Management & Neuromarketing, Neuroscience and more. It will continue to add in the community and academia as an innovative and contemporary research lab by promoting contemporary scientific expertise.
- Eye tracking: Equipment & Software (Eye Movement Recording Technology)
- GSR – Galvanic Skin Response: Equipment & Software (technology that elicits changes in the electrical resistance of the skin surface by channeling weak electric current)
- Facial Expression Analysis: Equipment & Software (facial coding technology, making human emotions measurement possible, through facial expressions)
- EEG (Electroencelography): Equipment & Software (Electroencephalogram technology for academic use which measures brain activity by recording the pattern of brain waves)
- EMG & ECG: (Equipment & Software)
Graduates of the MSc Coaching and Mentoring (Wellbeing Practitioner) programme can pursue a variety of career options in different sectors and industries. Some of the employment options for graduates of this programme include:
- Health and social care settings: Graduates can work as wellness or wellbeing coaches, mentors, or practitioners in healthcare settings such as hospitals, mental health clinics, community health centres, and private practices. They can also work in social care settings such as nursing homes, rehabilitation centres, and community outreach programs.
- Education: Graduates can work as mentors, coaches or trainers in educational settings such as schools, colleges, and universities. They can also work in professional development or training programs for educators and education administrators.
- Business and corporate sectors: Graduates can work as executive coaches, leadership coaches or mentors in corporate and business settings. They can also work in training and development programs, helping employees to improve their skills and performance.
- Sports and fitness industry: Graduates can work as sports coaches, fitness trainers or wellness coaches in sports and fitness centres, health clubs, and other related settings.
- Human resources: Graduates can work in human resources departments of organizations, helping to develop and implement coaching and mentoring programs for employees.
- Non-profit and community organizations: Graduates can work in non-profit and community organizations, providing coaching and mentoring services to individuals or groups in need of support and guidance.