The largest exhibition in Posidonia‘ s 50- year- long history of globally acknowledged maritime exhibitions will be held on 4-8 June 2018 and Aegean College will be actively present introducing two competing undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
The exhibition will last until Friday, June 8, at the exhibition center «Metropolitan Expo», in «El. Venizelos “, in Spata.
“As always the Posidonia exhibition showcases the dynamism and importance of the Greek shipping industry for the prosperity of our country, the EU and the rest of the world. Maintaining the top position internationally, the Greek shipping continues the nautical tradition. This is an honor and a duty for our maritime community and we are determined to defend it against any challenge, “said president of the Union of Greek Shipowners Th. Veniamis welcoming the opening of the exhibition.
As stated by the executive director of Posidonia Th. Vokos, this year the Secretary General of IMO, the Transport Commissioner and 8 marine ministers will be present in the exhibition along with
22 national pavilions from all the traditional maritime nations. Furthermore, the International Maritime Industries’ official presentation will take place in Athens, as well as, Saudi Aramco’s new colossal shipyard and the state- owned Azerbaijani shipping company Azerbaijan Caspian Shipping.
Each time the Posidonia exhibition expands the country’s income expands as well, now exceeding the 60 million. Euro in revenues reaching the Greek economy, said Mr. Vokos. We are facing a global event, Posidonia is perhaps the biggest maritime event in the world, as evidenced by the entries and exhibitors. Emphasized the marine minister Kouroumplis P., who emphasized the fact that three years after the capital controls the maritime exchange flows are restored. He also announced the ministry’s initiative with regard to employment issues and the flag issue.
For five decades the Posidonia exhibitions attract global attention, each time being better and larger as stressed by the president of the Hellenic Chamber of Shipping, Pateras,G., while the mayor of Piraeus, Moralis, J. expressed his optimism that with the cooperation of other competent bodies, the municipality will create the conditions to allow events such as the Posidonia to be held in their physical location in Piraeus.
Participating in the exhibition, the Faculty of Maritime Studies of Aegean College will present a high level undergraduate and postgraduate programme in maritime studies which are offered in cooperation with a British State University.
The undergraduate and graduate programs offered by the Aegean College distinguish in that:
- The courses are taught by high-level academics (holders of PhD and postgraduate degrees in Marine Studies) and professionals with long experience in the maritime labor market (Masters and office executives).
- The Faculty of Maritime Studies in Aegean College is based in Piraeus, in a modern building in the center of the Grand Harbor.
- The Aegean College develops strong links with the Marine world organizing major events with great appeal to the business and political world such as the “1st Maritime Conference” in Piraeus.
- As part of their studies, students visit shipping companies and merchant and cruise ships in the port of Piraeus.
- Students participating in Career Days and other events held at the College premises in order to come into direct contact with dozens of shipping companies.
- The Aegean College with the its research center, the Aegean Research Centre, spearheading maintains an active research and innovative academic community
- The College has modern laboratories, library and rooms equipped with all the necessary teaching aids and materials.
- Students have at their disposal an educational Portal (e-college), through which they can access the course’s content and communicate with teachers
- Students have access to the electronic library of the partner university, which contains thousands of books, digitized books and journals, as well as the Clarksons shipping database.
- Aegean College offers students free English and other foreign language courses used in the globalized maritime sector.