The Faculty of Health of Aegean College offers the unique in Greece, four-year undergraduate University Midwifery course in collaboration with the highly respected British University of Coventry, which leads to the acquisition of the University Degree BSc (Hons) Midwifery (Applied).
The Midwifery course of Aegean College is accredited by the Association of Scientists Midwives (SEMMA) and is based on the 36/2005 European directive and to all applicable laws.
Studying Obstetrics in Aegean College fully covers the scientific and applied branch of Obstetrics and provides students with all the necessary practical and theoretical knowledge for later educational and professional career in the profession of Midwife.
The course includes 2800 hours of theoretical instruction and 2000 hours of laboratory and clinical practice. The theoretical instruction is offered primarily by Midwives and SEMMA (Association of Scientists Midwives in Athens) members and from scientists of other disciplines (Gynecologists, Psychologists, Dietitians, etc.). The Department’s teachers have academic qualifications, rich research work and significant clinical experience in their field of specialization.
Clinical exercise is supervised and evaluated by scientific partners-members of the Association of Scientists Midwives (SEMMA). The clinical and practical training takes place in public and private maternity clinics and hospitals such as maternity hospitals, Rhea and Iaso “Elena Venizelou,” the Hospital “Alexandra”, and the “Eftokia”Association.
During the internship, the students are trained in clinical environments such as:
- Obstetric, gynecological departments.
- Delivery rooms.
- Outpatient (obstetric).
- Operating theatres.
- Parent preparation departments.
- Infections departments.
- Breastfeeding departments.
- Aegean College offers the only university Midwifery degree in Greece.
- Bachelor of Midwifery of Aegean College is the only training program approved by the Association of obstetrics Scientists and Midwives (SEMMA,) and is based on the 36/2005 European directive and to all applicable laws.
- Midwifery students of Aegean College are members of an active and innovative research academic community with the Aegean Research Centre Research Centre (ARC).
- Aegean College students participate in national and international scientific conferences and gain valuable experience, and opportunities to develop knowledge, and skills and to build a communication network with the scientific and professional field.
- The lessons are taught by distinguished scientists and professional midwives with huge experience in the field.
Studying Obstetrics in Aegean College is a full four-year academic program which provides students with all the knowledge and skills necessary in the field.
The Aegean College has created a modern and well-equipped laboratory of Obstetrics. The workshop was designed according to the most recent international, educational and professional standards in the science of obstetrics, featuring up-to-date equipment that among others includes:
- Surgical rollaway bed,
- Measurements systems,
- Adult Ambu
- Closed Thoracic Drainage.
Aegean College graduates with a BSc (Hons) in Midwifery (Applied) have the necessary knowledge and skills to work professionally in all areas of obstetrics.
Can provide services in a variety of workplaces in the private and the public sector (maternity wards, Hospitals, Clinics, etc.), as well as to work as freelancers with recognized professional rights.